Maintain your Nail Gun
Even the best equipment needs regular maintenance, especially after all the framing, coiling, flooring, stapling and finishing. Here is an easy guide to help your nailer achieve a long life and a trouble-free operation every time.ven the best equipment needs regular maintenance, especially after all the framing, coiling, flooring, stapling and finishing. Here is an easy guide to help your nailer achieve a long life and a trouble-free operation every time.
Get the right supplies • Paslode Cordless Lubricating Oil • Screwdriver • Allen key • 5/32 Hex wrench
1 . SAFETY FIRST
Before servicing your tool, make sure to remove all fasteners, fuel cell and battery. Restrict DIY maintenance to the following areas:1. Battery2. Fuel Cell3. Feed System4. CylinderSelf-servicing attempts beyond these procedures will void the warranty. For other issues, consult an accredited service agent.In case of any other questions, please contact your local Paslode representative or visit www.paslode.com.au.
2. Conduct a general assessment
• We recommend tightening all screws and bolts in your nailer every month. To be on the cautious side, you may even assess your tool before each use.
• On a pneumatic (compressed air) nail gun, ensure both the safety and the trigger can move. Additionally, tighten any loose cap screws to avoid leak.
3. Check the battery
• Inspect the battery indicator before each use.
• Recharge the battery every time its light turns solid red.
4. Check the fuel cell
• To determine the presence of fuel, hold the fuel cell in the upright position. Place the metering stem against a solid surface and push it three or four times. If the cell still contains fuel, it will release a small amount each time. CAUTION: Always wear safety glasses while performing this assessment. Never attempt this test near a spark or open flame, or where the fuel may get in contact with your eyes.
• The fuel cell lasts for approximately 24 months from the date of manufacture. Replace it as necessary and dispose of empty cell at a battery collection point.
5. Inspect the feed system
• At Paslode, we make an extensive range of steel fasteners. Their tested high quality ensures they achieve top performance in any timber density.
• We treat all framing nails with our exclusive glue. It helps them achieve 100% more withdraw resistance than any other brand. This allows you to get the most out of your nail gun while saving you time and money on every project.
6. Clean the cylinder
• To remove the cylinder from the body of the nail gun, please refer to our Quick Reference Guide to Tool Cleaning.
• Lubricate the walls and head with 5 large drops of Paslode Cordless Lubricating Oil.Once you have completed these steps, put your nailer back together. Ensure that all components are in place for a reliable and effective action.
For a hands-on demonstration, visit our www.paslode.com.au where you will find a series of step-by-step cleaning and maintenance videos or check out our Tool Cleaning workshops near you.
To celebrate the launch of our new website www.paslode.com.au , Paslode is offering readers a chance to be one of the first 60 tradies to sign up and receive a FREE PASLODE PRIZE PACK (below)